Technical Capabilities that can be used for Solving your Problems
M.E. Williams has available the following technical capacities:
- Qualitative and quantitative mass spectrograph/gas chromatography for gasses and liquids.
- Plastics, rubbers, and hydrocarbons in gas, liquid, or solid state.
- Products of corrosion.
- Residues and particles from sumps and filters.
- Standard and special analysis of engine fluids (oil, antifreeze, etc.).
- Standard and trace element analysis for commercial metals and alloys.
- EDS for determining compositions to 40 microns below the surface. Both qualitative and quantitative analyses are provided.
- Scanning Electron Microscope surface imaging from 20X to 35,000X for identifying failure modes, nature of surface defects, and size distribution of particles
- Material identification, including many alloy systems.
- Phase relationships: metals, non-metals, and tooling materials. Both qualitative and quantitative analyses are provided.
- Evaluation and recommendation of heat treatments and types of heat treating.
- Determination of cleanliness of steels and other alloys.
- Grain size distributions.
- Determination of material defects.
Other Capabilities useful in solving your problems
- Estimation of stress and strains involved in fracturing of metals and non-metals.
- Photographic capabilities: technical digital and film photograph including microphotography.
- SEM 20X to 35,000X.
- Optical microscope 25X to 1500X, digital color imaging.
- Micro-hardness testing.
- Electronic Image Analysis.
- Non-destructive testing: x-ray, magnetic particle inspection, penetrant inspection, and ultra-sonic inspection.
We've relied on M.E. Williams' services for more than 8 years,
and are highly satisfied customers. They've helped us with materials
analysis, failure analysis, and helped us establish internal quality
testing and control systems. M.E. Williams takes a "real life" approach,
maximizing the value for the customer.
Jodi Boldenow, General Manager, Industrial Spring Company